Digital Marketing is not only about making posters and posting them on social media. It is far beyond that. To clarify Digital Marketing term following are some questions answered, to sum up, the term-
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is a type of online marketing. It uses the internet and online-based digital technologies such as computers, mobile phones to promote products and services that one wants to offer. Products and services could be anything. It could be Clothes, Gym Equipment, Food, Electronics, Vehicles, and services like Maintenance, Cloud Technology. As a result of Digital Marketing, the seller can connect with customers using the internet.
Why Digital Marketing?
Pandemic affected every aspect of life. That is to say, businesspeople came to know that offline mode would not be workable. It needs to be online. Keeping this in mind most businesses started getting online. Due to this online mode, they need their clients online connected. Both the Business process and Marketing should be online. You get to know about your real audience. Your efforts will be only on such an audience. In addition, it also gives a platform where you will get feedback, suggestions from your customers.
What are Types/Examples of Digital Marketing?
There are 8 categories of Digital Marketing. These are-
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The main goal of SEO is to rank a business higher in search results like Google Search. Eventually increasing search engine traffic to the website, i.e., fetching more viewers. SEO person study words and phrases google viewers are using to search for information online. Also, these terms can be used in their content to achieve this.
- Social Media Marketing: This contains everything a business does on social media platforms. Nowadays everyone is surrounded by social media. Marketers must approach social with a unique and planned method. As a result, Social media marketing goes far beyond simply creating posts for social platforms and replying to comments.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing uses storytelling and information sharing to increase product or business awareness. In short, the goal is to have the viewers take an action towards becoming a customer. Actions like wishing for more information, signing up for an email list, or making a purchase. Content can mean videos, photos, and much more. Basically, it should send value to the customer, not just promote the brand or try to make a sale. Content marketing is about developing a relationship with consumers. Which as a result leads to many sales over time.
- Mobile Marketing:
This digital marketing category is focused on reaching the target audience on their mobiles. On the other hand, mobile marketing spreads to people via Text Messages, Social Media, Email, Websites, and Mobile Applications.
Marketers can modify offers or special content by observing-
- Customer’s location or time.
- When a customer walks into a store or enters an event.
- Affiliate Marketing: Above all, affiliate marketing uses the ever-growing popularity of industry professionals and social media influencers. In working with these third party influencers, organizations will collab to promote products or services for reward. Therefore, influencers will bring in more business for organizations. They keep engaging their audience with posts, blogs, or videos which ultimately create new leads.
- Marketing Analytics:
One of the key benefits of digital marketing is that it is highly trackable and measurable. Today, analytics lets marketers track customer behaviour at a highly detailed level. For example,
- How much time do they spend on a web page?
- How many times do they click on a link?
- How often they open emails, and much more.
Thus, marketers can learn what is successful with clients and adapt their marketing messages moving forward. They can also determine their value to the company.
- Email Marketing: Email Marketing can be part of a content marketing strategy. As it provides value to consumers after converting a viewer into a client. However there is the development of social media, Mobile Applications, and other platforms, Email is still one of the most effective marketing ways. Email marketing professionals know how to create compelling campaigns. They understand the best audience outreach. They are experts at analyzing audience engagement and data and creating planned decisions based on that data.
- Pay per Click (PPC): Pay per click is related to paid ads and sponsored search engine results. This is a temporary form of digital marketing. This means that when you are no longer paying, the ad no longer exists.